Sunday, January 1, 2017

S O A R | my word for 2017



The Merriam-Webster dictionary definitions for the word soar

(verb)  - to sail or hover in the air at great heights
- to ascend to a higher or more exalted level
- to rise or increase dramatically 
. . . and my favorite . . .
- to rise to majestic stature


About a month ago, I really started to think about my "word for the year" and what I wanted it to do for me in 2017.  Last year, I chose the word restore.  In my mind, at the time I chose that word, I truly wanted to see a change in myself and in my life.  The things I wanted to restore were, for starters, my financial situation (this I am still working on, and slowly but surely getting there), the relationships in my life that have meant a great deal to me that I've felt I had neglected, my health, my faith, but most especially to restore the confidence in myself and to bring back the joy that I have felt I lacked so desperately in my heart.  And although I did not consciously work on restoring any of these for myself, the Universe . . . God . . . knew that certain things needed to happen in my life in order for these to be repaired.  2016 was not an easy year for me.  To be quite honest, it was one of the most trying years of my entire life.  With that said, despite a lot of the sadness and pain that took place this last year, I know that I am a far better person now because of it all.  Without trials, we could never grow as human beings.  I have a few scars, but I can tell you, that I am genuinely happier and know that the road ahead of me has just gotten brighter.  

And so, I chose the word soar for this year because in the process of restoring the faith and confidence in myself, I also restored my insatiable desire to travel and experience new things.  I want to soar in the literal sense by getting on a plane and flying again.  I also want to soar in everything I do, whatever that means.  This year, I want my heart to continue to burst at the seams with the kind of happiness that can only come from living a life that is authentic and full of the things and people that brighten my world.  I will soar . . . and you will come with me.  


Here's wishing you a wonderful, joyous and exciting new year!  

-k


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Mish, you're so cute! Hoping this space will help keep the creative flow moving!

      Delete